The GXV3140-V2 is new Grandstream Networks’ third IP video phone with Skype video feature.
The other two are the GXV3000, which was released in 2006, and the GXV3005, which was added in December 2008 and is basically the 3000 with FXO ports.
The new phone blends real-time video conference capability with a number of Web and social networking applications. You can use the phone to web browsing, IM over Google, MSN and Yahoo, track RSS feeds, listen to internet radio and also stream from the included SD card slot or USB port. There is also an alarm clock, calendar, music ring tones and 3-way conferencing. Additionally the phone integrates with Yahoo's Flickr service so you can use it instead of a digital photo frame.
- Make free voice and video calls upon installation
- Enhance your productivity and reduce your travel costs
- Access real time information through an integrated web browser
- RSS feeds of weather/news/stocks and internet radio
- IM with Yahoo/MSN/Google
- Access to Yahoo Flickr web photo album, alarm clock, calendar, games, music ring tones
- A full-duplex speakerphone and popular voice codec support ensure best-in-class telephony features
- 4.3” digital TFT color LCD (480x272 resolution), 1.3M pixel CMOS camera with privacy shutter
- Dual switched 10M/100M auto-sensing Ethernet ports, optional FXS and FXO port
- SD/MMC/SDHC, USB, stereo headset with microphone, stereo audio output, video output, 2-angle stand, wall mountable
- High fidelity full-duplex speakerphone with acoustic echo canceller
- H.264 baseline (with CABAC enhancement pending) and H.263/H.263+ (pending) video standard at bit rate of 64kbps to 1Mbps, frame rate of up to 30fps and resolution of QVGA/CIF/QCIF
- G.711 (a/u-law), G.722 (wideband), G.723.1, G.729A/B, GSM-FR, G.726-32 (pending) voice codec and AAC, MP3, WMA, Real, Ogg-Vorbis audio codec
- Web browser, IM with Yahoo/MSN/Google, RSS feeds of weather/news/stocks, Internet radio, music/video streaming/playing from SD/USB card/Internet, Yahoo Flickr web photo album, alarm clock, calendar, games, music ring tone, etc
- Intuitive graphic user interface with customizable skins, multi-language, multiple virtual screens
- Advanced smart NAT traversal technology to allow truly zero-configuration plug-and-play
- Strong security and privacy protection based on TLS/SRTP/AES